A sweet and savory dish that is sure to please the whole family! Our kids gobbled this up, there were no leftovers to speak of. If you try any of our recipes I highly recommend this one, it has a very clean taste. Read more for the full recipe.
You will need:
- 1 lbs Pork Tenderloin
- Salt + pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 Dried Mission Figs
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped coarsely (I used Yellow)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Rub pork with salt + pepper and olive oil. Braise in iron skillet until browned on all sides.
3. While pork browns add remaining ingredients to a small bowl.
4. When pork is browned remove from heat and add fig mixture.
5. Bake uncovered until the inside temp. of the pork reaches 160 degrees this takes about 15 minutes in most ovens.
6. Stir fig mixture over pork and let rest 5 minutes
** I like to serve this dish with mashed potatoes and asparagus or garden salad.