We eat this dish in our house once a week, it is sweet and spicy but mild enough for the kids to enjoy! Quite easy and quick to prepare too.
You will need:
- 12 oz bow tie pasta
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage removed from casing
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 28 oz can of italian style tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBS minced fresh parsley
- Boil pasta until al dente and drain
- Heat oil in a deep skillet. Cook sausage and pepper flakes until browned.
- Stir in Onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cream and salt simmer until mixture thickens 8-10 minutes
- Add pasta and stir, heat throughly and then sprinkle with parsley and serve.