I decided it was time to write a review of the Scubapro Knighthawk BCD that I purchased a few months ago. I think this is a great BC and I would recommend it to anyone thinking about purchasing a high-end product. I’ve used it on my last 20 dives and I am completely satisfied.
I bought this BC in my first open water class and I wanted to get a top of the line item that I could use for a long time. It cost about $700, including my discount. I bought it from my local dive shop and the price was less than I found online. I liked the comfort of the BC in the showroom but I had no knowledge of how it would work underwater.
As a beginner, all of the new scuba technology was intimidating. This BC was easy to use and understand. The features were easy to use and it was indeed comfortable. It feels really sturdy and it is quality. I like the weight pockets and the releases are easy to use. It has enough D rings to attach all of my gear and it accommodated the additional things I needed as I moved to different advanced levels of certification.
The bladder is comfortable and I like the bottom release as a feature. I find myself exploring into crevaces underwater with my head down a lot. I like that I can easily reach back and let some air our without bringing myself upright. The other air releases work nicely and are easy to reach. It has two large pockets that I use to carry different things.
The alternate air source seems to be much sturdier than other BC’s I’ve tried or seen. The connections are smooth. I walk to shore with my gear and it is easy to carry my full kit a long way if needed. I’m glad I didn’t buy a more flimsy model that I see others wear.
I’ve tried several other BC brands and I am happy with mine. It is starting feel like a part of me when I dive and it gives me comfort when I put it on. This model is a bit more expensive than others but I think it is worth the money.
I will be taking it aboard my boat as I train and ultimately when we live in the Caribbean this July. I will be using it daily and I think it will last a long time.
The Knighthawk BCs incorporate an array of features which make them a truly complete package for divers who prefer a more streamlined profile. One of the most popular BCs, Knighthawk is a robust and comfortable back flotation jacket that integrates numerous performance features to deliver outstanding comfort and easy handling. Back flotation technology positions air bladder in the back, providing exceptional freedom of movement around chest and shoulders 3-dump deflation system enables divers to dump air from a variety of underwater positions.
- Streamlined air cell technology and automatic volume control of air cell through compression straps
- Rotating Quick Release shoulder buckles and adjustable shoulder straps improve fit
- Dual zippered pockets with rollout pocket- easily accessible with an expandable compartment
- Soft neoprene neck roll and padded back pad provide skin-friendly padding
- Firmly padded, flexible cummerbund compensates for changes in the suit resulting from varying depths
- Ergonomic harness incorporates anatomically-shaped components to allow for even load distribution
- Quick-release integrated weight system offers more comfort and convenience. Pouches accommodate from 10lb to 12lb each (depending on size) and are secured in specially-designed pockets with oversized buckles.